To make navigation easier (and also to draw attention to some other cool things I've made), I'm adding here a more or less complete list of my works. With one exception, only works that I consider good enough to be read or played will be included. I'm also providing a brief description of each one below its entry.
I. Novels:
Memórias Prepósteras de um Estudante do Ensino Médio (2018)
A horrible novel that should not be read by anyone under any circumstances. I sincerely hope that all copies of this work have been successfully destroyed, but it's possible that some obscure email containing it may still exist somewhere.
II. Visual Novels:
My Last War (2026)
A 2-hour long experimental visual novel that aims to be a kind of modern version of a philosophical dialogue. It should, therefore, be read in the same way one reads a Platonic dialogue. Any literary criticism that one might wish to make of it that cannot, to some extent, be justly raised against the Socratic dialogues of antiquity is not worthy of being taken seriously and completely misses the point.
The Calculator (2026)
An adaptation of the first short story from my very small collection of three short stories.
III. Short Stories:
Três Contos/Three Short Stories (2019, translated into English in 2026)
A very small collection of short stories, all of which are intellectually significant in some way. The stories presented here deal with themes such as ethics, madness, science, philosophy, adultery, war etc.
IV. Essays/Articles:
A Filosofia na Obra de Machado de Assis (2024)
A long essay in which I discuss the role of philosophy in the work of Machado de Assis.
Cat-girls, Alienation and the Logical Impenetrability of the Internet (2026)
A short article in which I discuss cat-girls and their cultural significance.
Reality and Appearance in Anime-Style Media (2026)
A short article in which I discuss the technique and pictorial clichés of anime-style illustration.
The Internet as an Image of the Market (2026)
A short article in which I discuss the relationship that exists between the internet and the market.
On Anime (2026)
A long article in which I make a psychoanalytic analysis of anime and its tropes.
The Magical Girl Archetype and its Meaning (2026)
A short article in which I make a psychoanalytic analysis of the "magical girl" archetype.
On Visual Novels (2026)
A short article in which I criticize visual novels for their shortcomings and speculate about their future.
Prolegomena to a Metaphysics of Video Games (2026)
A short essay in which I establish some formal principles of a metaphysics of video games based on the work of Aristotle.
No comments:
Post a Comment